Overview for Vaccine Recipients
Looking for information on adult primary series vaccination?Visit spikevax
(COVID‑19 vaccine, mRNA)
Third Dose and Booster Doses
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine has received emergency authorization from the FDA to provide:
- A third primary series dose at least 1 month following the second dose to individuals 18 years of age and older with certain kinds of immunocompromise;
- A first booster dose at least 5 months after completing a primary series to individuals 18 years of age and older who have completed a primary series with the Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine or spikevax (COVID‑19 Vaccine, mRNA);
- A first booster dose to individuals 18 years of age and older who have completed primary vaccination with another authorized or approved COVID‑19 vaccine. The booster schedule is based on the labeling information of the vaccine used for the primary series;
- A second booster dose at least 4 months after receipt of a first booster dose of any authorized or approved COVID‑19 vaccine to individuals 50 years of age and older; and
- A second booster dose at least 4 months after receipt of a first booster dose of any authorized or approved COVID‑19 vaccine to individuals 18 years of age and older with certain kinds of immunocompromise
What Is Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine?
The Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine uses mRNA to provide a blueprint for your cells to build your body's defense against SARS‑CoV‑2, the virus that causes COVID‑19.Learn more about the vaccine
What Do We Know About the Safety of the Vaccine?
In clinical trials, approximately 15,400 individuals 18 years of age and older have received at least 1 dose of the Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine. The Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine is still being studied in clinical trials.See what is known about vaccine safety
Do you have more questions about the Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine? Take a look at our answers to the questions we hear most often.